Friday, June 4, 2010

WISHFUL THINKING.......

It is my wishful thinking that since I had started this blog that I would add all these posts that have been swimming around in my head! But I am kidding myself! I blog in my head more than I actually blog on my blog! I just don't have the time lately and I suppose that is my beef for the week!!! I have had an absolutely shocking time doing my school reports. I teach at a special needs school and I team teach as I work 3 days a week. I have only had to do 2 reports but for some reason it felt like 100! It seemed so straight forward. I had all the information, but it just did not work out the way I wanted it to. As all the reports are done on computer we had to use a template and it drove me batty! Nothing would do what I wanted it to do and I was constantly 'undo'ing copying, pasting, undoing! Anyway, I finally got them done and they are with my executive teacher, and I am hoping and praying she will not hand them back with a page full of corrections to make! EEEK! I don't want to know about it, I just want to keep my head in the sand and hope that this term ends quickly!!! No, I don't want to do that. I love what I do and this is a learning curve for me. Up until now I have worked casually with no particular school or class, so I have not done assessments and reports like I have done this term.  Its been a great experience but it has also been frustrating and my saving grace is that all the other teachers did too!!!
Anyway, I must get to bed, its almost past midnight, my electric blanket should have done its magic by now. I am hoping for a sleep in to at least 8am....hoping the kids will want to sleep in too!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday. I blog in my head all the time. Then when I sit down to write out the blog, I have completely forgotten it. It's getting tough trying to remember and come up with new posts. I blog so much about my daughter I am sure people are tired of reading about her. Good luck with your reports. I went to school for education with a background in special needs (sadly that is not what I do now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I congratulate you for studying and being so busy too. School with kids is hard. I could never do it :)
    Happy new friend Friday!
    Following your blog, come follow mine and say hi!
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love electric blankets!

    And hey thanks for the linky luv on FYBF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Courtney, i love ur blog. u write pretty good. I am glad i found u.
    Do visit me if u get a chance & I am sure following u & hope u do too as its fun to make new bloggy friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blog in my head constantly. It's the only way I stay sane and the only thing I don't need a pill for (-:

    ReplyDelete