Monday, April 18, 2011

I HATE YOU!!!

I have heard this a good 10 times today, at least! My daughter is only 9, well closer to 10 really. I shudder to think what I have install for me in the future! I don't care that she hates me, because I know she doesn;t really mean it. She first told me she hated me when she started going to primary school. I should be grateful I suppose that she was 5 when she said it and not any earlier. I remember feeling like crap when she said it. I always thought I would be a cool mum, the kind of mum that would never be hated!! But I soon realised that most mums would be hated at some point in their lives, little did I know I would be hated a lot more than once!!

It was about 6 months or so after I first heard her say she hated me that I realised something that has really kept me going and I'm always more than happy to share this pearl of wisdom with anyone who cares to listen. I figured that if she tells me she hates me, then we have a pretty good relationship. I would be really worried I think if we never fought(is that a word and was it spelt right?) and if I heard she hated me when she was like 12 or 13 I think it would have hit me harder and I would have a harder time dealing with  it. So in a weird kind of way I don't mind so much that she started this at younger age, my skin is thicker and it doesn't affect me. We have a good relationship and while I have no idea what she will be like when she hits those horrid teenage years, I can deal with the nonsense she yells at me . I just really hope she gets better, is that wishful thinking? Some teenage girls are nice to their mums aren't they???

1 comment:

  1. That's a good point; if she REALLY hated you, she'd write about it in her diary and talk about it to her friends, not you. You must have a pretty great relationship if she feels she can share all of her feelings, good and bad.

    Thanks for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete